BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hating Country Music

Today's country music SUCKS!  They have begun to let anyone in the country music profession and they have ruined it for me.

First let's start with little miss Taylor Swift.  Can someone please give me a break with this girl.  Little Miss Can't sing live, about kitties and rainbows, hating country music herself.  I mean this girl can not sing a lick live.  If it wasn't for all the editing done in the studio she would laughed off the shelves.  She hates country music and wants to be a pop star.  It is a sad sad day when Taylor Swift beats out all the great country music singers like Reba, Martina and others just because kids are running the votes.  Sad.  And by the way, if that girl don't stop flipping her head around, by the time she hits 25 she is going to whiplash!

Kid Rock...seriously.  This is what I mean by letting anyone in.  Don't get me wrong, I like Kid. But not as a country music singer.  I like his music, Picture, All Summer Long.  But I just don't get how they can let him in the country world.  Oh yeah, Hank Jr...that's why.

Darius Rucker...ok love love love this man's voice....WHEN HE WAS HOOTIE!  Even tho I like to sing along with his songs, "It wont be like this for long" or "Alright" but I just don't buy it.

What happened to the good ole' beer drinking, tear jerking country we older ones have grown up with.  What happened to having to pay your dues to be on the Grand Ole' Opry.  Look how long it took Elvis to get to play on that stage.  I just don't get it.  When did country music become more about looks then real singing?  How does a girl win a reality show and less then a year later win Entertainer of the Year?  Seriously?

I have lost my passion for country music.  I am not old, nor am I young one...but I grew up listening to good ole' George Jones, Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, Don Williams, George Strait and Garth Brooks...which is another thing...

I believe that is where it all started going wrong.  When Garth Brooks concerts became more of a carnival then a concert.  What is so wrong with just getting on the stage and singing what everyone loves...why you gotta go jumping on ropes and slinging water all over everybody?  Just sing....JUST SING! 

And if you are going announce you are going to retire...then retire...Brooks and Dunn, Alabama, Garth Brooks...all retiring.  Ok Alabama announced years before they actually retired.  Brooks and Dunn announced theirs about 2 or three years before hand...and now Garth Brooks retired...and now coming back.  Nah man...just stay gone.  Don't bring that crazy stuff back to country...they need real music and singers...not more clowns.

When Garth started out...oh man could he sing.  He was so beautiful to watch, specially when he did "The Dance".  I went and seen him in concert when he did tour with The Judds for the Farewell concert.  I have to admit...I bawled like a two year old baby when he walked out on stage.  I loved him so much.  And he just came out and sang his heart out.  That's it...just sang, and it was awesome!  Then he became this clown, selling tickets to a circus, cheated  on his wife with Trisha Yearwood and retired...just stay gone man.

All I am trying to get at is, bring back the heart felt music.  Music today isn't sung from the heart anymore, it is sung and see who can have the best dance, stage display or biggest fan base.  That's not what it is about.  It is about the music..nothing more. 

May I recommend some artist for you to listen to.  The ones listed here sing...I mean really sing, from the heart.
Sugarland...that girl can sing her little heart out.
Reba...of course..we all know that woman can sing a tune like nobody else.
Martina McBride...She really has come a long way.  She makes me cry sometimes listening to her.
Geroge Strait...that man could make a fart sound good..lol.
Zac Brown Band...these guys are fairly new to country and they can really sing.  They can be silly at times but when he sings...he sings it well! Not to mention...he is from right here in Dahlonega, Ga...yes he is!
Brad Pasley...ok..he don't do too well live, but he sings from the heart and loves what he does.
Alison Krauss...beautiful, beautiful voice.  Very unique and nobody else has her voice or style.
And some oldies for ya, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Tanya Tucker, George Jones, Conway Twitty, just to name very few.

0 comments: