BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

What Has Been Going On Around Here...

Hello Blog readers.  Not a whole lot has been going on around here but I will fill you in on what has.

Well last night on May 14th, my beautiful daughter had her 8th grade formal.  She was so very pretty. 

 (I did her hair...pretty good for someone that has never done it before)


(the dress she decided not to wear)

She brought tears to my eyes as I watched her walk off and into the dance. It has only reminded me how fast time has gone by.  I rememebered that little baby girl that use to run around with a blanket on her head but never, but once, ran into anything.  I am so very proud of her.  She has her moments where I want to back hand her, but all in all, she makes me proud.

My son is pretty proud of himself too...  He changed the brakes on our truck while his dad supervised...

He was filthy, but I was so happy that he took the interest and did it!  When he was done he was so happy.  Said he had a blast.  He went and grabbed my camera phone with those dirty hands and insisted that I take his picture so he could remember it.  I do believe that he is going to be a good man, and a woman is going to be lucky to have him.  Although last night, his entire future flashed before my eyes and I have to admit...I didn't like his wife ;)

And then there is this man...
He just wont slow it down.  Well, it has all caught up with him and he has been in bed now for three days.  Aches and pains running all through him.  Throwing up and very weak.  As much as I like being his nurse ;) I feel so bad for him when there is nothing I can do.  But a big part of me wants to yell out...I TOLD YOU SO!  Men don't listen.  He is wanting to go back to work so badly, and even though his illness prevents it, I am scared it is going to kill him if he don't go back.  Even though he is having feelings of being less then a man...is still all the man I need!

We went for a ride on Mother's Day, which was this past Thrusday for me.  I asked them to take me up to the Appalachian Trail.  I just love the view from there.


The view just makes me feel so close to God.  One day, when we move up to Blairsville, I want to find my own little spot, where I can write, pray, think and just be by myself...Someplace that looks just like this.

There is a little store here as well.  You can stop and rest, take a shower, eat, sleep and all that good stuff.  But the neatest thing I like to see when I go is this...


You can't see them very well, but a lot of people that come through here, throw their hiking shoes up in the tree.  It is just filled with shoes with soles falling off, duct taped together, and just flat out filthy.  But they left their mark that says...I hiked this trail and I was here.  I just think it is so much fun to see. 

Well, that about wraps up my week, and probably the month so far.  We don't do a lot, but you know what....I enjoy what we do get to do!

B

0 comments: