BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Number 12

One of my small goals said to go outside once a day.  So I am sitting here at a small little round table on my porch in the North Georgia Mountains with Mincie Mountain as my view.


Of course this picture was taken during the summer but looks the same, with less green.

My porch faces the mountain and woods.  It is a beautiful day...65 degrees today and sunny.  So I figure what a perfect day to sit outside and blog, and here we are.

I have my radio tuned on a country station and I am listening to this stuff they call country.  What is it with country music these days.  I grew up listening to it and I have to say, although I do love some modern country songs, the music isn't the same.  I mean come on...Taylor Swift?  When did singing about bubble gum and kitty cats country music?  Yes, I know she don't sing about those things but, she may as well.  I knew I was fed up with it all when Taylor Swift won out over Reba McEntire for female singer of the year.  If they would stop letting all the little kids vote, that wouldn't have happenend.

I love Reba.  I have grown up listening to her and I just adore her, but even her style has changed.  Yes I know times have to change and so does styles but it just seems what formed country has been forgotten in a lot of the singers today.

Welp, I guess I will go.  Not too much on my mind today.  Although I am thinking about the letters I promised myself I would write.  They are going to be tough goals to complete. At least I didn't say I would mail them =)

Have a beautiful and funtastic day
B

0 comments: