BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 21, 2011

List Something Each Day I Am Thankful For

I will be adding to this daily throughout my list of goals...see Small Goals, Big Step.

Day One:
Today I am thankful for the warm weather.  Everyone has had such a bad, long and cold winter, and I am thankful that I am able to go outside, when such a large part of the North still has snow.  The weather has been up in the mid 60's or low 70's all week long.  When I am outside, I can't help but look around and notice all of the art work God has given us to look at.  Makes me wonder when I look at all these trees, birds, blue skies and even the irritating flies...How someone could doubt there is a God.  He speaks to us everyday, we just have to be still enough to listen.

Day Two:
I am thankful for those that love me.  Not those that just speak the "I love you" words..but those that say it and truly mean it.  You know the kind of people I am talking about.  I love you are three words that are thrown around so freely.  Anyone can say it, and it rolls off the tongue as easily as butter.  But then there are those people that show you they love you.  So saying I love you so often is not really important.  My husband and I tell each other daily we love each other...but if he didn't show it, I would have a hard time believing him.  And it isn't the big things they do, it is in the simple and smallest ways that really matter.  Like leaving the last Coke in the fridge for me even though he would like it.  Or looking over to see him watching me with a smile, or staying awake with me each night if I can't sleep so I am not lonely.  I am thankful of his love for me, the love my children have for me.  I am lucky enough to have 4 people in this world that love me, really love me, when so many people out there are still looking for one person to love them.

Day Three:
I am thankful I get to hear my children laughing.  So many days I hear nothing but fussing and fighting from my children.  But on those rare occasions when they are getting along, or when they are playing with their dad, I get to hear their laughs.  Not just laughs but true and genuine belly laughs.  And to see their eyes sparkle and shine from the tears in their eyes from laughing so hard, I will always remember.  When I hear their laughter, it makes me think that maybe I have done something right.  That I am taking them down the right path.  Makes me a happy, happy mommy.

Day Four:
I am thankful that I have lived in so many different places in my life.  Before I met my husband, I lived in one place my whole life...Ohio.  Since I have met him I have lived in Alabama, Indiana, Illinois, Florida and where we lay our heads now...in Georgia.  I have heard so many times that we have not done right by our kids moving around so many times...But you know what I say to that...my kids are well balanced because of it, my kids know they can fit in anywhere because of it, my kids have learned how so many other people live, my kids have seen that other kids long to do what they have done.  So, do I know if Georgia will be our last stop...who knows, but I do know that I wouldn't give it up or take back any of it.  We have had such fun times together in each of these places.  Things we couldn't have done if we were someplace else.  Those memories were so worth all the moving around.  My life isn't boring, it may not be perfect...but it's our lives!!!!

Day Five:
I woke today and was very thankful for my home.  Yes, we rent but, in today's economy I am thankful that we can afford rent.  So many today have had their homes ripped out from under them, it saddens me.  I may not have a perfect home filled with the best of everything, but I have a home full of love.  Thank you God for providing for my family once again. 

Day Six:
Plan and simple today... I am so very very Thankful that I made it home today from Atlanta, GA in one piece.  I am also thankful I don't live there!

Day Seven:
I am thankful today that I was able to get the flies that have envaded the outside of my home, to stay on the outside of my home.  We have a chicken farm over the mountain from us...and well the Health Department is going to be getting a call very soon.

0 comments: