BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 14, 2011

When Things Are Just Too Important Not To Write Down

I have a problem inside me that is not visible to the naked eye.  It is a problem that many people have and they have given it many names.  Insomnia, stress, restlessness...I call it insanity.

When I bought my bed, I had to have it because it was the most comfortable, biggest size and most beautiful bed I had ever seen.  That's what I use to see.  Now I see it as a curse, a slab of concrete and a torture device.

I go through my day like any normal person would.  I get up like I slept like a rock, get my children off to school, clean my house, run my errands, cook dinner, help the kids with homework, clean again and then get ready for bed.  When I finish my nice relaxing bath at night, I put on my jammies, brush my teeth, brush my hair and then I stand at my door looking at my enemy and KNOW that I will win this war tonight. 

By the end of my night, my body is tired, it is beat down and it is completely listless.  Nothing can keep me from the sweet release that sleep will give me.  I head into battle with guns blazing.  I have a made bed, I have my drink on the end table, clock turned around my sleeping pills that do no good and a nice book just in case.  I draw down the blanket, fluff my pillow, twirl around, lay down nice and gentle, snuggle in and close my eyes.

By three in the morning I am still awake and now with a head full of everything from bills to Loony Tunes.  How does the mind do it.  It is completely full of useless information that will pop up in the head in a moments notice.  I will think about bills one minute and how we are going to make it into the next month, and the next minute I am remembering watching a stupid movie once with Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny.  Which in return can only begin me thinking on how the two things are similar that it would make my mind relate the two.  Which then brings me to wondering what on Earth can be wrong with my mind, am I going insane, but then if I go insane who will care for my children, and will they come and see me in the crazy house or forget me.  Would my husband find a new wife they would call mama.  Then on to if my husband ever remarried I will haunt him for the rest of his miserable little pathetic life.  Oh how could I think that way about the man I love so dearly for all the days of my life.  But if he loved me why would he be thinking of remarrying. And so on and so on.  By this time it is now five in the morning and ready to start the day anew by getting up the children for school.
I have so many amusing little stories that go through my mind, and now you know why I call it Insanity.

I know there are so many of you out there that go through the same thing.  Matter of fact you are probably sitting up in your bed right now reading this.  If you are, what little things do you do to help with getting to sleep.  Hey I am crazy and insane for sleep so I am pretty much up to trying anything. =) 

How are you suppose to have dreams for yourself, if you can't get to sleep,
Good day to ya,
B

4 comments:

Brandie said...

Billi you are not insane. You are depressed. I've read your past blogs and you've just had so many things to trouble you over the years that it's gotten you down. No I don't struggle with depression or anxiety but a friend of mine does and I've heard so many times how your mind wonders at night. Please don't blame yourself. You are a good person who just has had too many people do you wrong. One after one, it finally gets to you. Only prescribed medication or a therapist can really help. But I do understand why those have not happened. Until you can get that help, your friends WILL be here to lend a ear or give you a hug. That's what friends are for, right?

Hang in there Billi!! We all love you!!!

Empty Time Bomb said...

Thank you Brandie for you kind words. I have talked with a therapist and their advice is find a new hobby. I did and now I am looking for a new therapist. When I lay down, I have absolutely NOTHING on my mind but the second I am down...it all just hits me at once. I really do appreciate the words, and I am glad I have friends to talk to...that understand me =) At least a little...I am hard to figure out sometimes..lol.

Brandie said...

Find a new hobby? Dang is that all they could come up with? I mean really! I thought the job was to help people? Doesn't sound like this person really wants to help people at all if that's all they have to say. Heck, a stranger could give that kind of advice! Heck, I talk to enough people in a day and listen to all their stories. People confide in me with their deepest troubles and fears and I just give them my common sense answer from this blonde head of mine. I could of come up with something better then for you to find a new hobby. This is just real sad Billi. Not sure who all is going to read this so I won't go further into it but I'll have someone get into contact with you about the depression thing. You know this person. So don't worry, I won't send a freak your way. lol

Empty Time Bomb said...

I don't really care who reads it...I don't assume too many people will. But you know what they say about assuming. Yeah, I need to look around for someone that will just let me talk, someone that don't know me and wont judge..not saying any of ya'll will... Then to give me a pill that will make all of it go away...lol.