BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Worst Cooks In America

I love to watch The Food Network.  I have so many favorites on there but I love Guy's Big Bite.  His style is so cool and I just love to watch him cook.  During the nighttime Food Network, I love Alton Brown's Good Eats.  I watch Rachel Ray, Paula Deen... so on and on.  But there is one chef that just turns my stomach to watch her cook...Anne Burrell. 

Anne just seems to be so sloppy when she cooks.  And the way she talks to the food kills me.  But, for some reason or another, I watch her.  I just can't turn her off cause I am always waiting to she what she will come up with next or what crazy, insane recipe she will cook.  She cooks things that I don't think I could ever put in my mouth.  I watched the other day and she cooked some kind of tail...really.  I like to cook and eat good food but never would I eat tail..of any kind.  Not knocking it, it may be good, not for me though.

She I have been following the show Worst Cooks In America.  The chef Robert Irvine and Anne Burrell take these people that seem to know nothing at all about cooking and turn them into, not chefs, but better cooks.  Each week there is a elimination until they are down to two cooks.  One on Robert's team and one for Anne's.  The chefs give the teams recipes that they would cook, and then the worst cooks have to prepare the meal.  It got down to Jorge and Josh...I refuse to call a grown man Joshy as they call him on the show.  They are cooking for judges to determine the winner and who has cooked the best.  To my shock and awe, Josh won...who is on Anne's team.  I couldn't believe it.  Chef Robert had a kick butt menu.  I guess it came down to the way Jorge prepared it.  So Josh won and chef Robert had to dye his hair blond.  Not a good look for him.

I absolutely love to cook.  There is not a better way on the planet to lose yourself and just take away all the stress.  I don't believe there is anything I hate about it.  I love the chopping, the dicing, the measuring...everything.  I am in no way a chef or pro...I am just a down home cook. 

The problem I have with cooking is my kids.  My children do not have a palette yet.  To them if I don't put pizza, hot dogs or hamburgers on the table, it isn't food.  My husband and I both love to try the new recipes I come across, but it is so hard to make two meals for a household.  I don't know how to make their taste buds blossom.  If I but onions in anything, my son is picking through his food digging them out.  I can't use peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes or anything they feel is a veggie.  My daughter, a veggie, not even an option. 

So, I am on the journey to find recipes that I can hide what I put in it, that tastes good, and will completely throw my kids over the top.  Any ideas on how to get kids to eat right...I am all ears

B

2 comments:

Brandie said...

My husband is the same way when it comes to veggies in foods. So I have learned to use a chopper. http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=240&categoryCode=CE

This is the one I use but I've seen others like them at Walmart and Target. It chops these veggies up so fine that they can't pick them out and most of the time they don't even know it's in there. AND YOU CAN GET OUT A LOT OF AGGRESSION USING THAT THING!!! LOL BAM BAM BAM on that kitchen counter! lol

Empty Time Bomb said...

LMAO...I have one of those too. It is good for aggression. But I found a new trick. My wonderful husband bought me a mandoline that I have wanted so badly. It's the small things that tickle me to death. But I was so excited I started slicing everything I could find...lol. My son hates Onions. But I found that if I juliane (sp?) them then take my knife and just start chopping, they fry up to almost nothing and you still get that onion taste. He hasn't known there is onions since..lol. I have found that the best way to get veggies down them is to make things like shepards pie and just load it up with tiny veggies and your right, they can't pick it out then. And come to find out...Mitch loves Peas. He would always say I don't like them. But now that he has tried them in the right way, he loves them and carrots too!!!